How to Become an Admin in Vintage Story
In this article, we will describe how you can become an admin in Vintage Story.
However, it is necessary to first create a savegame on the server.
To do this, start your server and play on it until the server saves.
The server saves the game every 5 minutes.
Once a game has been saved, please follow these steps:
- Stop the server. The server status should be “Server is not running!”
- Connect to the Savegames FTP.
You can find the login information in the FTP overview when you click on FTP.
- Download the following file:
You can find it here:
Note: You can find the configID or configuration ID for your server on our website under Gameserver.
If your configID is, for example, 123456, it would look like this:
- Open the downloaded file and search for the following line:
- Change the line as follows:
Note: Please make sure that you give admin rights to the correct player.
Refer to the name under
- Save your changes and upload the file again.
- Start your server.
More articles about Vintage Story