Connecting Directly to Your Rust Server
In Rust, open the console by pressing F1. Then type:
client.connect YOUR IP:Gameport
Press ENTER and the game will connect to your server.
Adding the server to favorites
- Start Steam.
- Click on View -> Servers.
- Then click on the Favorites tab.
- Click on Add a Server.
- Enter the IP:Queryport of the server (e.g.
126.96.36.199:28019) and click on Find Games at this address.
Important: You must use the server’s Queryport, otherwise Steam won’t be able to find the server!
The server’s Queryport is the server’s Gameport + 4.
If the Gameport is, for example,
28015, then the Queryport is
- Click on Add Selected Game Server to Favorites.
- You will now find the server in-game as a favorite.
Important: It is not possible to connect directly to the server from within Steam!